As an economist and management scholar, I work at the intersection of economics and management science. In my research work I am currently interested in various dimensions of innovation and in the basis of corporate transformation
- Innovation strategies such as open innovation or frugal innovation
- Entrepreneurship, innovation & failure, in particular, the role of failure, the costs of failure and learning from failure for innovation
- Higher education and its relationship with innovation, also innovation in higher education.
Over the past years, I have worked on projects in the context of innovation and innovation systems quite extensively.
In my publications I have focused on different actors in innovation systems, on their activities, their strategies, and their performance.
Currently, the papers in my publication pipeline deal with the role that strategies, digital technologies, and external actors have on corporate transformation, innovation, and performance.
Reflecting my own work environment I have two book publications in the making, where I focus on the transformation of business schools and of higher education institutions in general. In particular, I edit a volume analyzing the effect of technological development on higher education (‘The Disruptive Power of Online Education’). Additionally, I currently write a book about ‘Impact of Business Schools – Concept, Measurement, and Communication’.
As a faculty member at the Management Center Innsbruck I teach in fields that are dear to me and that have been important for me as an academic. These fields are economics, management and economics of innovation & entrepreneurship, and research methodology.
I also hold workshops quite frequently, give presentations and deliver keynotes for larger and smaller audiences. I speak about:
- Innovation, success & failure
It is important for me to share my knowledge and expertise in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship with companies, public organizations and funding institutions through:
- Coaching and counselling of startups
- Offering workshops and consulting for SMEs
- Holding (advisory) board memberships (e.g. EU Commission H2020 MSC-Action, Christian Doppler Society, Austria Wirtschaftsservice, startup.tirol)
Additionally, I consider it crucial to share with my colleagues within my organization and within my extensive network.